It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog Again!!!: North Korea ‘Hackers Steal US-South Korea War Plans’

Instagram

Tuesday, 10 October 2017

North Korea ‘Hackers Steal US-South Korea War Plans’

A lawmaker in South Korea, Rhee Cheol-hee, has claimed that some documents which includes wartime contingency plans drawn up by the US and South Korea have been hacked.

They also include reports to the allies’ senior commanders.

The South Korean defence ministry has so far refused to comment about the allegation.Plans for the South’s special forces were reportedly accessed, along with information on significant power plants and military facilities in the South.

According to BBC news, Mr Rhee said some 235 gigabytes of military documents had been stolen from the Defence Integrated Data Centre, and that 80% of them have yet to be identified.

The hack took place in September last year. In May, South Korea said a large amount of data had been stolen and that North Korea may have instigated the cyber attack – but gave no details of what was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.